If you are a Human Resources professional looking for a career position that is also flexible enough for work-life balance, consider this opportunity with Donohue, O’Connell & Riley PLLC, a growing firm with offices in New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York. We envision this role would be about 25 hours/week, for example Monday-Friday 9:00-2:00. The ideal candidate will possess a positive, professional demeanor, coupled with strong communication and technology skills. Requirements include experience working in a legal or business setting and proficiency with MS Office 365, and Cloud-based technology.
Strategic Management –
- Proactive in planning for the future by meeting the continuous short-term and long-term strategic objectives of the organization.
Workforce Management –
- Responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation, and exit process.
- Determine staffing needs and to fill job vacancies in a timely manner whenever the need(s) arise.
- Recruits and selects candidates for the company and ensures workforce efficiency thereafter in an effort to help the firm accomplish it goals and objectives through metrics and monitoring.
- Coordinate with accounting regarding employee benefits such as PTO, 401(k), workers compensation, disability, medical leave, etc.
Training & Development –
- Responsible for ensuring that employees receive the appropriate training to perform their jobs and meet firm goals and objectives.
- Enable employees to further their education and use their acquired skills and knowledge for the success of the firm in general (Strategic Coach Programs, CLE, in-house training, etc.)
- Monitor performance of individuals who fulfill the needs of the organization.
Compensation & Benefits –
- Responsible for administering an attractive compensation and benefits package for new hires.
- Promote and offer an attractive package to those candidates who meet the selection criteria.
- Oversee administrations of new hires, payroll enrollment, employee benefits, attendance, vacation days, and maintain employees files.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding their salaries and other benefits.
Policy Formulation –
- Keep new hires and current employees abreast of the policies and procedures of the organization. This might include (but not limited to) the distribution of employee handbook, code of conduct manual, and performance appraisals guidelines.
Employee Relations and Risk Management –
- Align the employee with the needs of the organization and resolve any workplace problems.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, monitoring, training, motivating, and retaining qualified talent.
- Work closely with management team to ensure workforce efficiency and monitor key employee metrics.
- Proactive in the strategic planning process and the overall development and success of the firm.
About Donohue, O’Connell & Riley PLLC
Donohue, O’Connell & Riley PLLC is a regional boutique law firm with three offices in three states. Today our team serves as trusts & estates counsel to the needs of over 6,000 businesses & individuals, advising them on how to save taxes and structure their personal affairs to preserve their legacy and ensure a smooth transition of assets between generations. For more information about the firm, please visit www.docrlaw.com
- Job Type: Part-Time, M-F, 9-2, no remote or work-from-home.
- Competitive compensation based on experience
To apply please send your resume to Heidi Bogle via email: firstname.lastname@example.org